||Cuomo LLC's employment law practice is among the most experienced and respected in New York State. The practice is led by Patrick W. McGinley, Frederick L. Sullivan and Meghan B. Sullivan. Pat, Fred and Meghan, and the other lawyers in our employment practice group have over a century of collective experience. We represent both private and public sector employers and employees in all aspects of workplace law.
How We’re Better
- Employment agreements – We negotiate and craft all types of employment agreements, ranging from employment contracts to severance packages.
- Employment disputes – We represent both employees and employers in litigation in state and federal courts, in arbitration and before government agencies. We have experience with a wide variety of disputes, including:
> Sexual orientation
> Family/medical leave
> Civil rights
> Sexual harassment
> Wage discrimination
> Non-compete agreements
- Supervisory training and preparation of employee handbooks – We work with employers to design, draft and implement workplace policies and procedures which are also incorporated in employee handbooks. We also provide training for supervisory personnel with respect to the implementation of the protocols set forth in the employee handbooks as well as on adherence to all federal, state and local laws and ordinances regarding workplace management and employee relations.
- Representation of Employers – We represent both private and public sector employers in collective bargaining negotiations, during union organizing, labor arbitrations and representation before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Employee Benefits – We assess existing benefits packages, design new packages and assist employers with implementing new or amended packages in accord with all federal and state regulations.
For more information about our employment law practice, please contact
at (212) 448-9933.
- We help you avoid risk – We work with you to implement employee relations policies that are based on best practices and will help you avoid costly disputes and/or litigation.
- We keep costs down – We use small legal teams that are responsible for a case from inception to resolution. This achieves maximum results with the greatest efficiency. We can also help you cut costs and minimize risks through the skillful use of mediation and arbitration.
- We have litigation expertise – Our attorneys are skilled litigators with hundreds of hours of trial experience. If litigation is necessary, no firm can represent you better.
- We understand complex litigation – We’re experts in litigating complicated cases that require a great deal of technical expertise and a firm grasp of myriad details.