||Cuomo LLC's personal injury defense group is led by Matthew A. Cuomo who has extensive experience leading our team of litigators in defending Federal and State court lawsuits. Cuomo LLC has many years of experience representing a wide variety of insurance
carriers and self-insureds in personal injury cases related to:
How We’re Different
- Auto liability - We defend claims involving the negligent use of a motor vehicle.
- Construction site accidents - We understand the nuances of construction site practices and labor laws, and we are skilled at litigating claims among various contractors/subcontractors on the site.
- General liability - We defend liability claims on behalf of personal and commercial lines insureds and self-insured entities including:
> Improper security
> Elevator accidents
> Stairway accidents
> Ice and snow accidents
> Recreational facility accidents
> Dog bites
> Assault and battery
> False imprisonment and wrongful arrest
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist litigation - We represent auto insurance companies in determinations of coverage in uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, including framed issue hearings. Additionally, we arbitrate or litigate the insured’s claim.
For more information about our personal injury defense practice, please contact Matthew A. Cuomo at
or at (516) 741-3222.
- We possess medicolegal expertise - Our attorneys excel at assessing injury claims. This understanding allows us to best defend a claim and limit damages even when liability exists.
- We foster a culture of extreme preparedness - We prepare every case as if we’re going to take a verdict, even if a settlement is a strong possibility. We put you in the most favorable position, whether the case is settled or tried.
- We engage the details - We immerse ourselves in the details of every case, in search of plaintiffs’ inconsistencies, divergent diagnoses and exaggerations � as a means of destroying the credibility of dubious evidence.
- We challenge their experts - Our attorneys have a reputation for vigorously cross-examining plaintiffs’ expert witnesses. Our aggressive approach allows us to break down their arguments and undermine their credibility.